Home » News » Character profile journal

Character profile journal

The character profile was an intersting piece to do. I liked to analyze the character and inform the reader with 
my thoughts on what Arnold from "The Stone Boy" had. I think he had depression and PTSD. This class makes me love learning about mental disorders and applying it to the short stories we read. It's very informative and makes me want to look into a career with psycology or studying how peoples behavior and mind work. I really loved that about this assignment, it really made me analyze and think about how and why the main character Arnold behaved the way he does. I think it's important to realize how people act because then you could help them, in Arnold's case his family and everyone started to treat him differently. It really made me upset and empathaic for him which is why I chose to do "The Stone Boy". It was very intersting to see the dynamic between the two brothers and read how Arnold basically had became "numb" because of him accidently shooting his brother. I liked getting to know the character more and making connections between the mental illness and get evidence with his behavior. I think it is really a great way to get your brain thinking and a overall fun assignment. I never did something like this and im so glad I got to lear more about depression and and PTSD. Overall this assignment was fun to do and I gained a new perspective on how I view mental illness.