Home » News » Journals

Journals

My personal narrative was an enjoyable piece to write. Writing about “The Fall of the House of Usher” and using it to compare my anxiety with the pandemic made me open my eyes a bit more about how similar they were and how dealing with  it is a different experience for everyone. Dealing with anxiety during the pandemic was a hard experience and worrying constantly about what I saw on the news. In the short story I realized how different people experience anxiety and depression in their own way. The main character was so interesting and complex. It was a complex and interesting experience while writing how Rodrick felt while being in the eerie house. I think a lot of people could relate to feeling alone and being anxious when the pandemic first happened. Everyone was watching the news and getting scared and stocking up on food considering we never experienced a global pandemic. I wrote about how being in the house really impacted my mental health and many others. It related to how Rodrick felt because all he knew was that house. His memories were full of his house and growing up with his sister. It was over bearing for him and he felt very anxious and ill all the time because of how lonely it was. The personal narrative brought me back to enjoying my alone time and getting to know myself more. I feel like I grew as a woman and it was nice to look back. I changed a lot but I am happy I did. I gained a new perspective on life. Life has its ups and downs but it is very valuable. I learned to enjoy every single moment of your life while writing my personal narrative. I’ve always loved writing so this was an easy piece to write. I also loved looking back at how I’ve grown since the pandemic, dealing with my anxiety is also better. Its still a struggle but I’ve been trying to improve myself and practice things like writing personally and painting to help my anxiety. I also enjoy writing about mental disorders because I gain a new perspective on people and how they deal with anxiety and depression. It is a hard thing to deal with and I get to learn more. When I gain this knowledge I also can find ways to help my loved ones or people on healthy ways to deal with mental disorders like anxiety. Rodrick was an interesting character to write and analyze. His story was complex and had me wondering what he was going to do next. But I think that overall he was just trying to win an inner battle with himself. I think a lot of people struggle with themselves since we are our biggest critic. But overall writing my personal narrative was a great and easy experience considering Ive always loved writing and analyzing Rodrick and comparing our anxiety was such a fun and complex thing to do, it made me gain a different perspective on anxiety and depression.

1. This is a comment on a news post! It will accept HTML code!

You can change you can post comments from the Dashboard > Settings > Discussion.

You can Edit/Delete comments from the Dashboard > Comments.

You can also turn off the Comments/Pingbacks on any Page or Post when you are editing a Page or Post from the Discussion section of the editor (usually below the field for the body).